Widgets Won't Work Agency Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widgets Won't Work Agency Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Jones 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

NPWD
    Participant

Hello all! I can not drop or drag, or open my widgets. The drop down feature doesn’t work nor does the drag and drop.

I am using Agency Theme V 2 and up to date on WordPress and Genesis. Anybody else experiencing this, or have any suggestions?

From the research I’ve done, I think it has something to do with the javascript files not loading …but other than that don’t have a clue.

Would appreciate any help you may be able to give. Many thanks!

http://www.rosecaplanwebdesign.net

rickandersonaia
    Participant

I’ve seen this happen in 3 cases:
    1. Your browser has a javascript error – try a different browser.
    2. You are in “Accessibility Mode”. Open up Screen Options in the upper right corner of the window while in your widgets panel. Accessibility mode disables drag and drop
    3. You have a plugin conflict. Try disabling all plugins and see if that fixes it.

Gary Jones

+1.

My experience would suggest 3. is the most likely cause. Browsers don’t tend to have a JavaScript error themselves (though it is possible with extensions / add-ons. Most folks don’t even know about Accessibility Mode, let alone find it, but it is still a valid possibility.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.