Will this plugin work with a Genesis theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Will this plugin work with a Genesis theme?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gmb 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gmb
    Participant

Since I do not know that much about all this I was hoping someone might have some insight and save me time and money.

I am looking for a way to integrate masonry grid to my posts (not custom post types).

I want to use a Genesis theme like Magazine Pro: http://my.studiopress.com/themes/magazine/

Thats show the posts in a masonry grid view.

I know there are tutorials on how to code that but it is beyond me.

Would a plugin like this work?

http://codecanyon.net/item/go-responsive-portfolio-for-wp/5741904?ref=jorisvdb

It says that it will make a grid view from regular posts but can I achieve what I am looking for this way?

Are there speed loading or other issues that I am not seeing?

Thanks for any insights…

GB

Mayur Somani
    Participant

Hi, imo this plugin is not ideal for you as it lets you create custom post types as needed and you want this functionality for regular posts.

gmb
    Participant

But under the FAQ for the plugin I notice that the developer said the following:

5. Can I use my existing custom post types (portfolio)?

Yes, when you create a portfolio you should select the post type for the portfolio. The selected post type taxonomy (category, tag, etc.) can be used for filtering as well. You can use your regular blog posts or other custom post types (other portfolio, WooCommerce products, etc.).

Am I missing something?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  gmb.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  gmb.

Mayur Somani
    Participant

I suggest you to contact the plugin developer once.

gmb
    Participant

I just emailed the developer to see if the plugin will work with regular post types and Genesis.

Aside from that, is there any pro or cons one can see to add masonry grid viewing of post thru a plugin VS coding into the theme?

anitac
    Participant

You can also look here. There are several developers working with masonry styling for Genesis.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

gmb
    Participant

Hi,

Yes , I have done that search as well and clicked thru most everything but it all seems to be coding tutorials to implement masonry.

The only Genesis theme I have found that come with masonry built in already is the Pin It theme which I am currently using, it just does not have a separate home page which I want

There is one other theme on Mojo themes but it seems to need updating by the developer.

So I am trying to solve the issue of wanting a masonry lay out to show my work using a Genesis theme with a home page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.