Wintersong — search results question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Wintersong — search results question

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hawkeye 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hawkeye

Hi,

In order to include search on my site I added the default WordPress search widget to my sidebar. In terms of returning results it works fine, but there’s an odd bit of duplication at the top of the search returns page.

At the very top I see the theme breadcrumbs, like this: Home > Search for “test”

The, right below that, I get another message like this: Search Results for: test

This is obviously redundant, but I don’t know how to locate where these messages are coming from. Ideally I’d like to keep the breadcrumb and simply remove the redundant text and formatting that seems to be coming from the WordPress search widget. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

Hawkeye

Never would have thought of this in a million years, but it turns out the answer is a CSS tweak.

To turn off the text and any formatting (dividers) that appear after you run a search, replace whatever you have in your style.css for the .archive-description with this:

.archive-description {
    display: none;

Worked perfectly in Wintersong, and because I have breadcrumbs on for Archive pages there’s still a note at the top of the search results page that lets users know where they landed.

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.