Wintersong theme question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Wintersong theme question

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hawkeye 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hawkeye

Hi,

I’m wondering if the Wintersong theme includes a setting that allows the static portion of the theme to show on the right side of the screen rather than the left. (I tried to find this info on the theme page but it only mentions generic ‘theme options’.)

If this is not an option, is it relatively easy to swap the static and scrolling sections of the page?

Thanks,

Mark

AC
    Blocked

The left side is actually the Site Header. So it’s not a setting. However, you would edit the CSS to do that.

Hawkeye

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I can handle the CSS changes that would be necessary, and if not I can always come back here and beg for help! :-)

If anyone using the theme has done this or has a site up that demonstrates the change I’d love to see it.

Thanks,

Mark

Hawkeye

Just a follow-up here. In the Wintersong settings there is only one option for displaying the page under Genesis > Theme Settings > Layout, and that’s with the content on the right side of the page and the header/widgets on the left.

I don’t know enough about CSS to say that you couldn’t swap the two, but from monkeying with the theme for a while I think it might be a real bear to pull off.

One additional point of possible confusion is that in the documentation for the theme on the setup page there are several references made to features occurring on the left or right which are in fact the opposite of what you see in the demo. For example:

In the Wintersong Pro theme, the Header Right Widget area is displayed in a fixed location to the right of the screen and below the Header Image and Site TItle.

This widgeted area actually displays on the left side of the screen, as shown in the demo.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.