WordPress 3.5 update? Wait for 1.9 or not?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WordPress 3.5 update? Wait for 1.9 or not?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cleo3
    Participant

What’s the official recommendation at this point?  Should we be updating to 3.5 or wait for 1.9 before we update?  Originally I thought I saw on here that SP was recommending waiting a few days for 1.9 but now I saw on Brian’s twitter that it might be January before 1.9 is out.  If I have that correct do we still want to wait?  That seems like a long time to run on the old version.  Thank you.

I miss being able to read some of the discussion around a beta on the old forums . . . .

Marc

Can’t speak for an “official recommendation”, but I have a couple dozen Genesis 1.8.2 sites that I have upgraded to WP 3.5 and experienced no problems what so ever.  With the nice new features of WP 3.5 I would go for it.

Concur, I also miss the beta/road map type info/discussions from the old forum.  (Twitter? really?)

Cleo3
    Participant

Thanks Marc, appreciate the input.

I agree with you about Twitter!

sean nelson
    Participant

I would wait.  I’ve had issues with adding header image (skip crop option disappeared) and with adding links to posts (link pop up hangs).  Plus seeing others with issues as well.  Some could be conflicts with particular plugins, but both of mine seem to be core issues.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Genesis 1.8.2 is running find on 3.5. There are plugin compatibility issues though.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.