WordPress Admin crashes with Contact Form 7 and W3 Total Cache plugin

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WordPress Admin crashes with Contact Form 7 and W3 Total Cache plugin

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  digitalside 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

digitalside

I am having issues with the Contact Form 7 and W3 Total Cache plugin with my AgentPress theme. I’ve tried deleting a few of my plugins but with no luck. Can anyone suggest an alternative to a form and cache based plugin that will run smoothly with my AgentPress theme. These two plugins keep on crashing my WordPress Admin site. I’m running Genesis 2.0.2 and WordPress 3.8.1. Below is a screen cap of the plugins I have installed. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Plugins list:

http://www.digitalside.com/images/genesis-plugins-021314.jpg

http://www.karlasaa.com

nutsandbolts

Try WP Super Cache (it’s much easier to configure as well) and Ninja Forms.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

digitalside

Hi Andrea, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, both of your plugins crash my wp-admin site. Seems like any plugin I install going forward crashes my admin area. Do you think one of my plugins from the list mentioned above or perhaps something went wrong when I installed WordPress. I’m running out of options and this is getting frustrating. Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

nutsandbolts

That’s definitely not normal WP behavior – I would have Bluehost look over everything to be sure your permissions are set correctly and there aren’t any errors.

Are you getting an internal server error when you try to activate plugins? If so, you may be running out of memory (which is something their support will tell you when they look things over).

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

digitalside

Every time I try to install any plugin and then activate them, I get a white page and then I cannot access the wp-admin page(s). The actual website loads fine. To regain access to my wp-admin page, I need to FTP into my wp-content folder and delete the plugins directory I tried to install. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but I will definitely contact BlueHost. Anything else you can think of that I may need to do would be really appreciated. Thanks again.

digitalside

Just contacted BlueHost and they advised me to edit my php.ini file and increase the memory size from 32 mb to 128 mb. That did the trick. Thanks for your help. No more white screen of death ;-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.