wordpress backend blank after 3.5.1 upgrade

Community Forums Forums General Discussion wordpress backend blank after 3.5.1 upgrade

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  magnify28 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

magnify28
    Participant

I just upgraded one of my blogs to 3.5.1 and the whole admin side of the WP has disappeared. Just blank. How do I get it back or undo the update?

Thanks.

Kim Parsell
    Participant

It sounds like a possible plugin conflict. Don’t undo the upgrade, do some basic troubleshooting to find the problem.

Can you log in via FTP? If so, rename the /wp-content/plugins/ folder to /wp-content/old-plugins/ and see if you can access the admin section then. Renaming that folder will disable all of the plugins.

Also, if you can access your error logs, check to see if there’s an error message (or several) indicating which plugin might be causing the problem, and post the error message here please.

Just a simple country girl | Twitter

magnify28
    Participant

It was the W 3 Cache plugin which I deleted via FTP. Can see the dashboard now but what a pain.

Will have to look for alternative.

Another mistake was not disabling the plugins before the upgrade.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Anita
    Participant

Note: Always DEACTIVATE ALL PLUGINS before you perform an automatic WP upgrade. This will save you the pain.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Kim Parsell
    Participant

@magnify28: Let the plugin author know that you had this issue and pass along the error message from the logs so they can fix it. Glad you’re up and running again. :)

Just a simple country girl | Twitter

magnify28
    Participant

@Kim I’ll do that. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.