WordPress SEO – breadcrumbs

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks WordPress SEO – breadcrumbs

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  josh.spurlock 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

laura
    Participant

Could anyone let me know how to change the breadcrumbs for my about page?

The title on my about page is “Mom Goes Online: work from home home and make money online”.  As a consequence, the breadcrumbs currently display:”You are here: Home ‣ Mom Goes Online: work from home and make money online”

I would like it to keep the title I have, but change the breadcrumbs to: “You are here: Home ‣ About”

I looked on Yoast’s website (assuming he uses his WordPress SEO plugin for his own breadcrumbs), and he has what I want: a breadcrumb path that is different than his page title:  Yoast’s about page.

Yoast’s breadcrumb path: “Home > Team Yoast”

Yoast’s page title: “YOast: making websites work!”

Thank you for any suggestions!!!

Susan

Try this:

http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/breadcrumbs/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

laura
    Participant

@ susan – I looked at the link you provided, but got the impression the code snippet changes the breadcrumb setting on all pages?  Or am I reading this wrongly?

I only want to change the setting for the about page (for all other pages, I want the page title to continue to be in the breadcrumb).

Susan

The top snippet was to amend the home breadcrumb link. I believe you can probably play with that to change another page.

laura
    Participant

@susan – thank you.  Since I have never done any html coding, I am hoping someone will be kind enough to tell me what line to add where – I fear that me playing with code will end up in broken code  :)

Susan

Laura – I don’t use breadcrumbs on my site, so haven’t played with them, but just want to offer reassurance – everyone at some point around here has broken their site – I think it’s how you learn :) – I always recommend making a copy of your file before you make any changes, so that you will have a pre-change file to update as need be.

josh.spurlock
    Participant

Is it possible to insert the yoast breadcrumb snippet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.