WordPress Video Post

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WordPress Video Post

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wpspeak 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

minoshella
    Participant

Hi, I want to post a video in my wordpress website and I have already the play-button overlay and the image snapshot of the video.  My only problem is when I preview it, I want the video to play enclosed in a container like a lightbox.  Any help is much appreciated.

wpspeak
    Participant

Try any of these two plugins

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/lightbox-plus/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-video-lightbox/

Well, how did you add play-button overlay on the video? Because lightbox plus plugin will add the play button too.

minoshella
    Participant

Thank you for that, I want to post a image snapshot of the video and when the viewer click on the image, the video pops over in a lightbox overlay.  Can you please help me how to do that? Thank you in advance.

wpspeak
    Participant

I’ve no idea how to do that. Why would you want to post the image snapshot of the video?

But if you want a popup of video when user clicks a link, this plugin is very helpful http://captaintheme.com/docs/light-plugin-documentation/

If you’re looking for thumbnail or featured image for the video, try the Video Thumbnail plugin.

Anita
    Participant

Tubepress has this capability. Go here – http://tubepress.org/features/, then scroll down and look for – “After clicking a thumbnail, a video can play…”

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

minoshella
    Participant

Thank you.  Yes, I want to post the video thumbnail or the image will serve as a button and when the user clicks on the image, the video will open like a lightbox.  By the way, the video comes from youtube.  I want to try the Video Thumbnail plugin.  Please help me how to do that step by step.  Thank you once again.

Anita
    Participant

I don’t believe you can use the two of them together. You will need to try one or the other to see if they fit your needs first. You may need a combination of both but I think the expertise you will need may not reside here.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

minoshella
    Participant

I will use the video thumbnail.  Please help me how to do that step-by-step in WordPress.  Thank you.

Anita
    Participant

The Video Thumbnail is just that… a thumbnail. It will not execute the video in a pop up window. But install the plugin, go to your blog where your Video link has been added and you will see Video Thumbnail on the side by Featured Video. Once you save it – the thumbnail will automatically become your featured image. There are instructions on the Video Thumbnail page.

minoshella
    Participant

I already installed the Video Thumbnail plugin.  What will I gonna be putting on my post so that when I preview it, the video thumbnail will be shown?  Thanks in advance.

wpspeak
    Participant

1. First your theme must support post thumbnail. (You’re lucky because Genesis already added that).

2. Paste your video link on the post editor. Then hit the save draft button.

3. Right after that, you’ll see on your right of the post editor in the featured image metabox, the thumbnail of the video will appear as the featured image.

ps: Please learn how to read manual/instructions from the plugin’s page. It’s very easy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.