Workaround for Twitter @Anywhere

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Workaround for Twitter @Anywhere

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ariherzogdotcom
    Participant

With the elimination of Twitter @Anywhere functionality, do you have suggestions how to create a tweet box (as described at the bottom of this link)? It’s code I used to have on my Thesis-powered site but is now deprecated. Is there a workaround with Genesis?

I explore new and emerging media at ariherzog.com. I’m also new to Genesis in April 2013.

anitac
    Participant

Where it says to add the script to the header = go to Genesis > Theme Settings. Scroll all the way to the bottom. You’ll see two boxes – one for header and one for footer. Paste it in the header box and save.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ariherzogdotcom
    Participant

Maybe you misunderstood, Anita. I know how to follow the directions but Twitter deprecated the script so I wondered if there was an alternative that could work on Genesis. Thanks.

I explore new and emerging media at ariherzog.com. I’m also new to Genesis in April 2013.

anitac
    Participant

No, I didn’t misunderstand you – you said “It’s code I used to have on my Thesis-powered site but is now deprecated.” So to me that meant deprecated in Thesis… that somehow you couldn’t use it in Thesis – but you are trying to use it in Genesis – not that Twitter deprecated the code and that it wouldn’t work at all.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.