Working with a static home page with the Minimum Child Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Working with a static home page with the Minimum Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  wmwebdes 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

wmwebdes
    Participant

Amber / ecm123

Take a look at this post of mine and watch the video – see if this is what you are trying to achieve.

http://www.wmwebdesign.co.uk/genesis-extender-plugin-create-an-ez-static-homepage/

Susan

@ecm123 – I replied to your e-mail about recreating the social media buttons, so that they point to other sites. I also responded in this post:

How to change the social media icons

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Amber
    Participant

Hello all!
    Thank you so much for the replies! I really wasn’t expecting some more help so this is much appreciated.

@wmwebdes
    I believe we’re getting closer to what I want to have done. On your home page, where your services are (under your subscribe button) is where I would like to just have some content from my home page. See the attached jpg link to see how I was hoping to have my home page laid out. I went to the link provided however I’m not really looking to spend any more money on Genesis until I can fully understand it. As with many things, there are always 100 ways to do one thing and I’m looking for a free change. I can do some back end coding, with the right tutorial I would like to do it myself.

@David Decker
    As requested, a link to a jpg of what I would like it to look like is below. I was thinking this was a simple change but seeming as more and more individuals don’t know what I mean, I guess it’s quite a big change.

It seems as if your idea about the customizing the home.php page with this code you are talking about may be the solution to my problem. If at all you could post this code I would be very appreciative! Is there still options to be able to have more widgets after the home pay content at a later date as well?

Here is the screenshot of the home page and how I’d like it to look.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85495001/dawnhome.jpg

Thanks!

wmwebdes
    Participant

Hi Amber

My homepage was set up using the Genesis Extender plugin and setting up the wigdet areas just takes a couple of clicks.

The widget areas were then styled with custom CSS.

The Extender plugin is not a free plugin, but that’s how I customise client homepages, it’s quick and keeps costs down.

@David Decker is a Genesis dev and he would code a solution, which does take time for those not so experienced as David.

Hope you find your solution and look forward to visiting your site when it is complete.

Keith

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.