Would appricate feedback on Metro theme

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Would appricate feedback on Metro theme

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sercan 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Nat
    Participant

Hi all,

I decided on impulse yesterday to buy and install the Metro theme. I had my existing theme for over 2 years but the Metro theme just won me over straight away!

I would appreciate any feedback that you can give.

http://turkishtravelblog.com

Susan

Nice job! My one suggestion for a little more pop? Change out the orange theme color for the red which you have in your site title.

Metro is my personal favorite theme right now, so  I understand why you’d be won over. I like the flexibility of the social buttons, too – you can add as many as you like without needing to search for images, etc.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Nat
    Participant

Thanks Susan, I changed the colour like you suggested.

There are a couple of other things I want to tweak but like you, am really happy with the overall effect

RoastedBeanz
    Participant

Awesome job – this looks really nice. And its great to see it implemented w/color photos. I’m excited about getting it too. Thanks for sharing! :-D

nglstudios
    Participant

I love websites that are clean and easy to read, yours is no exemption. Very nice!

One thing, you might want to center that logo there seems to be a little more space on top of the logo than ont the bottom or might be the way you made the design :)

Great job!

Nat
    Participant

Thanks Guys. Working on the logo now NGLStudios

Rednasil
    Participant

I’m also looking to get metro, but first I wanted to see what people are doing with it.

Gotta say I love your header.. your g from blog falls out though.

noah
    Participant

Congratulations with this. It is really good content, which is the most important thing. Interesting words that are a pleasure to read and lovely photographs.

I think the header is a bit dull, and being black with so many other black headings and rules on this theme it is lacking contrast. What about a header from one of your lovely pictures? This would hold the site together a bit, especially if you made it quite deep.

The other point is that all the posts are the same size, so it is a bit fragmentary and lacking in emphasis. I would suggest a nice big picture from your most recent travels at the top, or better still a slider.

These are very minor points compared with the whole, however.

KiwiDean
    Participant

I might change the “about me and my blog”  to something like “Why should you listen to me?”

If you aren’t having fun you are doing it wrong

okimo
    Participant

Hi, I have wordpress website too, I wonder that Can I use Metro theme with wordpress 3.6 version ?
    I am using custom made theme please look at my theme http://yachtsngulets.com
    By the way, Turkish Travel Blog website theme very very nice :)

sercan
    Participant

Hello, I did set up this theme on my site and it worked well just I had some problem about seo plugins and how I can fix it dont know.. Can I use seo yoast plugind with this theme well ? My website was this http://guletcruises.org/luxury.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.