Would love feedback on my first Genesis site after being a Thesis girl!

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Would love feedback on my first Genesis site after being a Thesis girl!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  elizabeth 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cakobu
    Participant

As I move toward a publisher model and slowly move away from the service model in my business, I designed this site using the Mindstream child theme.

I intended to have a more “visiting card” style personal site that gives a brief idea about what I do online through providing links to my projects.

http://cigdemkobu.com/

It’s the first site I designed on Genesis. It took around 16 hours. Working with Genesis does have a learning curve for me as I’m not a professional designer, but I totally enjoyed exploring it and playing in the backstage for a while :)

The only thing I couldn’t figure out was how to add a favicon.

I used to be a hard-core Thesis fan, but after the torment of the latest Thesis update, I feel good about switching to StudioPress.

Thank you in advance for your ideas, criticism and suggestions!

Glad to be here :)

Cheers,

Cigdem

Gary Jones

For favicons, you’ll need to use FTP and upload a favicon.ico file to your theme’s images file.

Interesting little layout :-)

Suggest using the official Twitter logo, as per their branding guidelines, and I think the G you have is more for Google, than Google+.

Beyond that, welcome to the Genesis community!

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

cakobu
    Participant

Thanks, Gary :)

I’ll definitely work on those ideas!

Cheers,

Cigdem

thomas71
    Participant

Hi Cakobu!

Just love creative people who have the courage to do their stuff. Great work. If it is something i want is a more clear navigation. Wich is the “home”  and what is the “story teller” does it belong to your site or other stuff. Its just that.

//Thomas

elizabeth
    Participant

That is so simple and beautiful.   I switched from Thesis too about 18 months ago.   Very well done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.