WP Security Plugins

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks WP Security Plugins

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  clynn 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

I’m reaching out to the community to refine my understanding of what’s available in WP security plugins.

In the past I’ve launched new WP sites using a combination of WebsiteDefener and Bulletproof Security, mainly focusing on basic configurations like renaming the WP database prefix and modifying .htaccess (to name a few things).

In the meantime I’ve learned what a pain in the ass Bulletproof Security can be, so I’ve ditched that.

Learned from Brad Dalton about Wordfence Security, and am considering giving it a whirl.

Curious if anyone here would like to chime in about the most important bases to cover re: WP security, and how to go about doing it (plugin recommendations?), etc. If your answer is a link to a blog post on security, then so be it.

nutsandbolts

I’m with Brad re: Wordfence – it’s a great plugin and it’s very easy to set up and use. I have never (knock on wood) had a client get hacked with Wordfence activated.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

clynn
    Participant

I realize this is a few months later, but I have always used WP Security. For whatever reason, it is not working with one client site using the Agency theme. Even at the lowest level of settings it is generating all kinds of errors! I will check out Wordfence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.