WP Update = No visual editor and content showing in posts (admin area)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion WP Update = No visual editor and content showing in posts (admin area)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

thinkmedia
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to help out a friend who’s blog crapped out (kinda) after the latest WP update.
    The Visual Editor is not showing and the content in all posts are not showing either.

So after I deactivated all plugins and that didn’t help, I am looking at Genesis.
    She is running 1.8.2 and Blissful child theme 1.0

Is there a way to tell if her child theme needs updating?

Thanks!

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You may want to take a look at the WP 3.5 Master list: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/troubleshooting-wordpress-35-master-list

This issue has come up for others, being specifically related to having run Bulletproof Security, even if the plugin has been deactivated and deleted (stray .htaccess file).

thinkmedia
    Participant

Hey Jen,

Thanks for the tip. After much digging around, I did find that solution. And it was an .htaccess file that was the culprit.

But is there a way to tell what version a child theme is … on the Genesis site?
    I know Genesis auto-updates/reminds but child themes don’t.

Thanks

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s usually located in the header of the style.css file.

thinkmedia
    Participant

But is there a way to tell on the Genesis site? Non of the child themes show a changelog or version number?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

In the downloads section of http://my.studiopress.com/, you can see the current version number of child themes.

thinkmedia
    Participant

Awesome!

Thanks

And by the way, every time I reply to this post, it sends me to a 404 error page.

“Closed”

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. Yes, we are aware of the 404 issue and working on the problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘WP Update = No visual editor and content showing in posts (admin area)’ is closed to new replies.