XML File

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Lee 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Joseph Lee
    Participant

In each of my themes from studio press, there is an XML file in my ftp file manager. When I am making a custom theme, do I need to somehow build a xml file? Is this something Studio Press (genesis core) makes for the child theme? I am at a loss…

Please help me understand what it is for, and how I create one for my custom child themes.

braddalton
    Participant

Its just an export of the demo content which you can import if you want your site to look like the demo.

You can add content with images and create one yourself if you plan on selling child themes.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

Braddalton, do you own Wp Sites??

I love this site.

So I can use the genesis export to make an xml file that I could then upload in to other sites? Will it bring the links, pages, posts, widgets (even if simple widget and simple menu) are active?

braddalton
    Participant

Yes i do own WP Sites and thanks for the kind words Joseph!

Its actually the WordPress export tool which creates the XML file so you can add demo content when you create the child theme and export it so your users can add it if they want,

And of course you could also export the Genesis settings as well in .jason format and save the theme and SEO settings.

The SEO settings which Genesis provides built in are as good as any SEO plugin in my opinion and never cause any problems unlike some SEO plugins which i won’t mention!!

I don’t think it will bring the actual widgets across into the correct widget area’s but everything else which the export tool does will be included like posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus and custom posts.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

Braddalton, do you allow guest blogging? I would not mind being more involved in your site. It did help me a lot when I was learning Genesis originally.

I can’t believe you are not on the community list for tutorials. Some of your content is gold! Some of the sites Genesis has in it’s community are a little old and not upkept regularly. If we could vote, you would have mine!

braddalton
    Participant

You’re welcome to submit a guest post Joseph.

Thanks for the vote!!

Joseph Lee
    Participant

I’ve added you on Google+ Brad.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.