Yoast Homepage H1 Headache!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Yoast Homepage H1 Headache!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Posh John 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Posh John
    Participant

I have just switched from Genesis SEO to Yoast SEO and now have a headache!

Everything is fine except that Yoast forces my blog name to be the homepage H1. I already have a H1 on my homepage so i am now getting 2 H1 tags (which is bad…obviously)

There is no option in Yoast to set my own homepage H1 like there is in Genesis SEO.

Is there a way to filter the H1 being introduced by Yoast (change to <p> instead like Genesis SEO does)? Can i make use of the genesis_seo_title even though Genesis SEO is not active?

Thanks

John.

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. Genesis 2

Gary Jones

As a very quick check, it looks like genesis_seo_title filter would still be usable, even with an SEO plugin disabling other SEO features. Run:

[php]
    add_filter( ‘genesis_seo_title’, ‘poshjohn_fix_blog_name’ );
    function poshjohn_fix_blog_name( $title ) {
    return str_replace( ‘h1′, ‘p’, $title );
    }
    [/php]
    in your functions.php file and see if it matches what you need.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (all 90 of them!) | @GaryJ

Posh John
    Participant

Awesome – i added the function to my home.php and it worked a treat!

Thanks very much Gary :-)

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. Genesis 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Yoast Homepage H1 Headache!’ is closed to new replies.