Yoast schema for genesis 2.0 question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Yoast schema for genesis 2.0 question

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RobCubbon 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dustin100
    Participant

I was reading Yoast’s post on how to markup Genesis 2.0 for schema. I’m just confused, would this be useful or not. From my understanding, 2.0 does this atomically? Does his tutorial offer any advantage over what 2.0 already offers? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

http://yoast.com/schema-org-genesis-2-0

RobCubbon
    Participant

Yes, HTML5 for Genesis 2.0 already embeds a significant amount of Schema mark up.

Does Yoast’s tutorial offer any advantage over what 2.0 with HTML5 already offers? That’s a really good question and I’d be interested to hear the replies. I suspect no one really knows for sure but I also expect a number of HTML5 Schema plugins to be developed soon, especially if people report increased organic traffic from Schema supported websites.

There are also other Schema customizations you can do not mentioned by Yoast. Custom microdata on the About/Services page from Ryan Meier, for example http://www.rfmeier.net/custom-microdata-with-genesis-2-0/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  RobCubbon.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  RobCubbon.

dustin100
    Participant

Thanks for the reply and the link. I’m new to the whole Schema thing… Guess I’ll do some more reading and research on it. lol

Thanks again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  dustin100.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  dustin100.

RobCubbon
    Participant

No problem. Me too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.