YouTube Embedded Code Showing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks YouTube Embedded Code Showing

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Geopology 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Geopology
    Participant

Hi,

Can someone help me with this issue?  The embedded YouTube link is showing up when I post video.  On this page you’ll see a brief description of the video and the actual video link. I don’ t want the link to show. Here’s the page link:

http://www.kamondaposada.com/category/resources/video/

However, when you click on the image or the read more link and the post opens the video is displayed correctly with out the link showing.  How can I fix this issue?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Geopology.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Geopology.

Brian Bourn
    Participant

That’s most likely being caused by using excerpts on the blog page. If you change your theme settings to show the content and use the “more” tag to break your archives, that won’t happen and the video will show.

The other option would to write longer intro text/video description so the automatic character limit won’t include the video link.

Bourn Creative | bourncreative.com | Twitter

Geopology
    Participant

Brian,

That’s most likely being caused by using excerpts on the blog page. If you change your theme settings to show the content and use the “more” tag to break your archives, that won’t happen and the video will show.

Where would I find these settings?  That particular page is set to a default theme page and not a blog page.

Brian Bourn
    Participant

It should be on the Genesis Theme Settings page under “Content Archives”.

Bourn Creative | bourncreative.com | Twitter

Geopology
    Participant

Hey Brian,

It was actually set to Show Content 150 words, so I changed it to Excerpt and the link disappeared.

Issue resolved…have a great weekend!!

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘YouTube Embedded Code Showing’ is closed to new replies.