YouTube Videos in Widgets?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion YouTube Videos in Widgets?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alldigitocracy 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

4WardMotion
    Participant

I am trying to embed a YouTube video in one of my widgets on the Metro theme, but it is not resizing the video to fit the widgetted area.  Is there something I need to do to get this to size properly and then be responsive?  Right now I am pasting the embed code in a text widget.

Thanks!

Tyy

Anita
    Participant

Are you using the iFrame or old embed code? You can create the proper size in Youtube under custom size.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

4WardMotion
    Participant

I am using the old embed code.  I did end up getting it right to the size it needed to be, but I thought there was an easier way to get it to adjust automatically.  Maybe not, and if that is the case then I will live with it as is.  Thanks once again for your help!

Tyy

Anita
    Participant

You can manually manipulate the code. Add 100% to the width and lock in a height (300px). This way it would automatically size the width.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

4WardMotion
    Participant

Ok, I will play with that.  Thanks again for all your help!

Tyy

alldigitocracy

So happy I found this thread. I have used the embed code to add a video in the primary sidebar widget area. My question is, how do I properly size the video so that it looks attractive on the home page? Can you provide me with step-by-step instructions?

Also, is it easier to use a plug-in or the embed code when adding video to widgets?

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.