YouTube Videos in Widgets?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion YouTube Videos in Widgets?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alldigitocracy 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

4WardMotion
    Participant

I am trying to embed a YouTube video in one of my widgets on the Metro theme, but it is not resizing the video to fit the widgetted area.  Is there something I need to do to get this to size properly and then be responsive?  Right now I am pasting the embed code in a text widget.

Thanks!

Tyy

AC
    Blocked

Are you using the iFrame or old embed code? You can create the proper size in Youtube under custom size.

4WardMotion
    Participant

I am using the old embed code.  I did end up getting it right to the size it needed to be, but I thought there was an easier way to get it to adjust automatically.  Maybe not, and if that is the case then I will live with it as is.  Thanks once again for your help!

Tyy

AC
    Blocked

You can manually manipulate the code. Add 100% to the width and lock in a height (300px). This way it would automatically size the width.

4WardMotion
    Participant

Ok, I will play with that.  Thanks again for all your help!

Tyy

alldigitocracy

So happy I found this thread. I have used the embed code to add a video in the primary sidebar widget area. My question is, how do I properly size the video so that it looks attractive on the home page? Can you provide me with step-by-step instructions?

Also, is it easier to use a plug-in or the embed code when adding video to widgets?

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.