Forum Replies Created
To isolate on ‘thing’ causing this issue:
1. Disable all plugins and check.
2. Switch to different genesis theme, preferably sample theme to check for the issue.
In menu section, check if same menu is assigned to primary and secondary navigation. I can check for the issue, email me login details iguiding AT gmail DOT com
If only using WordPress just for developing new website design and content – then use it in offline mode using localhost method. Just install free software WAMP server and you can start designing wordpress website on PC itself (much faster and easier method). Once done with designing just transfer stuff to existing wordpress online on domain.
1. Add new widget section on homepage – http://www.basicwp.com/add-new-widget-genesis-homepage/
2. Drag and drop slideshow widget to that newly created widget section.
Attachment pages redirect plugin will over-ride yoast settings (provided yoast’s redirect setting in not enabled). Using both without any issue for this attachment page problem.
This should help – http://www.basicwp.com/stop-attachment-pages-indexing-wordpress/
I prefer the manual way, as you are in control of everything. And know what has been done and what is left. Plugin may leave broken ends (Note: I haven’t used the above mentioned plugin, so use discretion).
Yes, you are correct. Step 2 only transfer text content, tags, category assigned. For images, manually transfer contents of wp-uploads folder to new location via ftp. Also check this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-move/
If your questions are regarding Genesis Responsive Slider:
1. You can either show pages or post (mix of both ain’t possible). Configure this in Slider Settings.
2. Order of slides could work by modifying dates (I haven’t tried it though) refer – http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-genesis-responsive-slider-order-of-slides
1. Install fresh WP
2. Use import / export feature in tools section to transfer contents from old wp to new wp
3. Transfer images via ftp
This is the most basic way or use plugin – http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-plugins-for-easily-migrating-a-wordpress-site-tried-tested/
Are you using genesis 2.0 html5 based sample theme as seen here – http://www.genesisframework.com/ – is this theme appearing fine in responsive preview to you?