Forum Replies Created
Use grid loop plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-grid-loop/ (you can also integrate code from plugin into your theme). See implementation here – stuffselect.com
You can wrap this into another class say boxfull that will have 100% width and background color. While box has fixed max width say 960px that should keep columns contents within that area.
<div class=”one-half first>stuff</div>
There are few ways to achieve this:
1. Most easy way is to give that tint effect to original photo and use processed photo directly on the website. This can be done in any image editing program. If you have an image and want to apply this effect – email me at iguiding AT gmail DOT com – will do it for you.
2. Using CSS opacity function. Refer http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/transparent-background-images/ and http://nicolasgallagher.com/css-background-image-hacks/
January 24, 2014 at 11:32 pm in reply to: Take a current blog site and make it a Genesis site #86913
1. You can preview it before making it active.
2. No, theme change does not affect database contents and you can switch back to old theme anytime.
2. Only thing that can be problem is contents in widget area. Yes, dragging to inactive area is a good option. For extra backup. I make text file with content and description of each widget – so that I can re-build quickly if something goes bad.
Best of luck!
January 24, 2014 at 8:40 am in reply to: Take a current blog site and make it a Genesis site #86807
I assume you are using WordPress and non-genesis WordPress theme as of now.
If yes, then to switch over to Genesis – just upload 2 themes (Genesis framework theme and minimum child theme) either via ftp method or uploading directly from themes section of WordPress dashboard. Then activate minimum theme to complete switch over.
This process is just like moving to new theme system – all your current content, links, images will remain intact – no issue.
Check these – http://www.basicwp.com/email-marketing-genesis-themes/
1. Can you share screenshot image of the error page.
2. Check if error happens when ‘sample genesis theme’ or default 2014 wordpress theme is used.
The background image is named inner.png and can found in images folder [http://pmctaxes.com/wp-content/themes/outreach/images/inner.png]. You can replace this image or if you want new image with different name then after upload photo in image folder, make sure to update name of the image in following code
background: #000 url(images/inner.png) repeat-x;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 30px 0;
Regarding round corner, email me image iguiding AT gmail DOT com and I will make required edits.
Nice layout, Since you post lot of photos in content area, current width is better. Wide area will leave lot of blank space next to images. “Return to top” button is not appearing correctly.
Here is my view:
1. Remove ‘home’ breadcrumb from homepage.
2. Try lighter shade background image in slider area.
3. Image in welcome area, you can make it circular or add round corners.
4. Social button at bottom, try changing white color to black.
5. Email newsletter does look out of place, use enews widget to setup mailchimp account. http://www.basicwp.com/mailchimp-email-box-in-genesis/