Forum Replies Created
For ‘social icons’ text.
1. Goto Widgets area in WordPress Dashboard.
2. Check header right section, there social icons widget must be present with title ‘social icons’.
3. Remove widget title or remove whole widget if you do not intend to display social icons.
I believe you are talking about second menu with items “ENTERTAINMENT , MUSIC” and so on. This is secondary navigation bar, go to menu area create new menu and assign it to secondary navigation area – it should appear automatically. And using method shared in previous reply, you can add banner ad.
On your website http://184.108.40.206/~mcfintlt/ primary and secondary menus are visible, you just need to header image. Still issue, please reply back.
If you have properly added new image size code to your theme, it should display small re-sized images.
1. Follow this tutorial – http://wpsites.net/wordpress-admin/how-to-add-custom-image-sizes-in-wordpress/
2. In Genesis Settings, go to content archive and select image size as per requirement (if you are using standard blog loop homepage).
Meta data for homepage can be added in SEO settings in Genesis section. If you are using some SEO plugin (like SEO by Yoast), then you can add meta data for homepage in plugin settings. You can also add meta data for specific posts and pages, look for seo settings at bottom of post editor page.
1. Go to widgets area in your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Remove ‘custom menu’ from ‘header right’ widget section.
3. Drag ‘text’ widget to ‘header right’ section.
4. Add your ad code or specific image code like
<a href="http://www.google.com"><img src="image url"></a>
Above change url and add image source url as per requirement.
February 28, 2014 at 8:04 am in reply to: No Image Thumbnail Appears When Linking to Home Page #92813
You need to setup Facebook open graph data in your theme setup – http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-add-facebook-open-graph-meta-data-in-wordpress-themes/
If you already use SEO by Yoast plugin, it has in-built feature for this functionality.
Yes, refer –
1. This is the recommended method.
2. For newly uploaded images, they will re-size automatically. However, for old images you can install regenerate thumbnails plugin. Run this plugin, it will resize images automatically http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
1. Go to Genesis > Theme Settings
2. Click on ‘Content Archives’ section.
3. Select Display Post Content option.
4. Enter number of characters like 200 in ‘limit content’ box.
Using above option instead of excerpts should display read more button.
In that case, you can use lightbox functionality. When users clicks on thumbnail image, it opens in pop-up window while original post page is still there. This plugin should be good for this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-lightbox/
February 27, 2014 at 6:33 am in reply to: Do you have feedback about this site? It uses Runway theme. #92654
Look very neat and presentable. Few things you can work on:
1. Too much white space in logo area, maybe add stylish background image to cover up.
2. Try bolder font styling for phone number in navigation bar.
3. Add some top margin in responsive slider, just like it has on other sides.
4. Add background color with bolder font to appointments area to make it stand out.
Best of luck!