Forum Replies Created
Wow, great reply. I appreciate your time in helping me with this! I’m going to populate the portfolio some more and experiment with it. I’m leaning towards new CPT’s. On past sites, trying to force regular posts to function as blog posts and portfolio posts was frustrating, but, I’m a lightweight coder.
So I’m a little perplexed at the functionality of the portfolio. I really like the layout, but what benefit is the CPT over a template? The CPT seems limited in that I can only have one portfolio, whereas a template that could receive a category would allow for multiple portfolios?
I’d like to create multiple portfolios, just trying to figure out the best approach to do that.
1) Check, working fine now.
4) Done! Thanks.
5). I fiddled with the permalink settings, and that seems to have resolved the issue, though it’s set to what it was originally. Maybe it needed to be changed and changed back since I upgraded from 1.0. ?
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the response:
1) I uploaded an image that size, here’s what it looks like within the header editor: http://d.pr/i/h9ky And here’s what it looks like on the site: http://d.pr/i/ySpV But, if I enable the header text in the settings, with the image still there, I get this: http://d.pr/i/XH0l
I’ll leave it up with the header image enabled, but the text disabled in case that makes poking at the code easier.
2) I added an image size, and updated the home.php with an ‘alignleft’ for the images. I chose 100×100, and looks alright so far, just need to regen the thumbs. I’ll fiddle with that some more.
3) I removed the comments bit, but it didn’t remove it from the loop, but, I was able to dig around and remove the reactions from Disqus, so that’s good enough for now.
4) I’m not familiar, though I noticed posts_per_page within the functions.php, but it’s specific to the portfolio and not the home grid.
5) Still a little confused by this, the how-to seems rather vague. I removed the page I had named portfolio, but now I’m getting a 404?
I removed the header image, and enabled the header text, and it matches the demo site now. But, whenever I try to insert a header image through the wordpress interface, it forces a crop of 1140×100 of whatever I upload. Even with a small image, it stretches it way out and puts it above the menu..
I understand how it works, just saying that it doesn’t work with the Minimum theme’s portfolio usage. The screenshot of the post was just to show that it had the video thumbnail section within the post editor, and the portfolio editor does not.
When I’m adding a new portfolio option to the Minimum theme, it looks like this: http://d.pr/i/FeTP
And here’s what adding a “normal” post looks like: http://d.pr/i/ehbB
So it seems the plugin doesn’t work with the new portfolio functionality.
This is a great plugin, but doesn’t seem to work when adding a custom portfolio, as the video thumbnail isn’t listed by the feature thumbnail like on regular posts?