This plugin allows you to create a simple slider that displays the featured image, along with the title and excerpt from each post or page.
The Genesis Slider plugin is hosted at the WordPress Plugins directory. You can download it there.
1) Upload the entire genesis-responsive-slider folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2) DO NOT change the name of the genesis-responsive-slider folder
3) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4) Navigate to Genesis > Slider Settings to configure the slider.
5) Configure the slider.
6) In the “Widgets” screen, drag the “Genesis Responsive Slider” widget to the widget area of your choice
This plugin allows you to create a simple responsive slider that displays the featured image, along with the title and excerpt from each post.
It includes options for the maximum dimensions of your slideshow, allows you to choose to display posts or pages, what category to pull from, and even the specific post IDs of the posts you want to display. It includes next/previous arrows and a pager along with the option to turn both on or off. Finally, you can place the slider into a widget area.
The slideshow is also responsive and will automatically adjust for the screen it is being displayed on.