This plugin allows you to create a simple slider that displays the featured image, along with the title and excerpt from each post or page.
The Genesis Slider plugin is hosted at the WordPress Plugins directory. You can download it there.
1) Upload the entire genesis-slider folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2) DO NOT change the name of the genesis-slider folder
3) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4) Navigate to Genesis > Slider Settings to configure the slider.
5) Configure the slider.
6) In the “Widgets” screen, drag the “Genesis Slider” widget to the widget area of your choice
It includes options for auto-progress and the dimensions of your slideshow. It also allows you to choose to display posts or pages, what category to pull from, and even the specific post IDs of the posts you want to display. Finally, you can place the slider into a widget area.