This plugin lets you edit the three most commonly modified areas in any Genesis theme: the post-info (byline), the post-meta, and the footer area.
The Genesis Simple Edits plugin is hosted at the WordPress Plugins directory. You can download it there.
1) Upload the entire genesis-simple-edits folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2) DO NOT change the name of the genesis-simple-edits folder
3) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4) Navigate to Genesis > Simple Edits
5) Edit the areas you would like to change, using text, HTML, and the provided shortcode references.
6) Save the changes.
This plugin creates a new Genesis settings page that allows you to modify the post-info (byline), post-meta, and footer area on any Genesis theme. Using text, shortcodes, and HTML in the textboxes provided in the admin screen, these three commonly modified areas are easily editable, without having to learn PHP or write functions, filters, or mess with hooks.