Simple URLs is a complete URL management system that allows you create, manage, and track outbound links from your site by using custom post types and 301 redirects.
Simple URLs adds a new custom post type to your Admin menu, where you can create, edit, delete, and manage URLs. It stores click counts in the form of a custom field on that custom post type, so it scales really well. By avoiding page based redirects, which is the current trend in masking affiliate links, we avoid any issues with permalink conflicts, and therefore avoid any performance issues.
The Simple URLs plugin is hosted at the WordPress Plugins directory. You can download it there.
1) Upload the entire simple-urls folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2) DO NOT change the name of the simple-urls folder
3) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4) Navigate to Settings > Permalinks and save them. Yes, just click save. Trust me.
5) Navigate to the Simple URLs menu
6) Create a new URL, or manage existing URLs.
7) Publish and use the URLs however you want!
Here’s a screenshot of the Simple URLs Admin page:
Here’s a screenshot of the Simple URLs Add URL page: