Corporate 2.0 Child Theme Available

We are happy to announce the release of the Corporate 2.0 child theme. This WordPress theme works on the Genesis Framework and can be downloaded by Pro Plus members in the support forum. All others can purchase the package here.

Google Fonts

One of the changes to the style of the Corporate theme was the addition of Google Fonts. We added the use of Droid Sans to the navigation, headlines and various input boxes and submit buttons.

Updating to Corporate v2.0

This version underwent a major code update which means there’s not an easy update path. If you’re happy with your site built on a previous version of the theme, there’s no need to update.

The first part of the update was a complete rewrite of CSS which is based on the updated Genesis sample child theme. This will allow for more efficient coding and easier customization.

In addition to that, we rewrote the home.php file so upon theme activation, the standard loop loads until the home widgets are placed into their appropriate areas.

Screenshot of the Corporate Theme

Corporate Child Theme

Comments

  1. Great & thanks.

    It’s nice that this came out quicker then I was expecting ;-).

  2. Really nice looking and very “corporate”. A good business theme.

  3. Nice… looks slim and trim.

  4. This is a great update to corporate it looks way more modern. I will definitely be using this on a future project. It would look great with a full width slider maybe the genesis slider perhaps? Any chance of an updated video theme coming out I like wootube but would hold out for a studiopress version like the classic Tubular theme.

    • Michael, I plan on using the genesis slider or DCG with the first site I’m going to throw this on, but that site has already had Corporate 1 on it for a while.

      The other thing I am looking at is having the 3 column upped to 4 (because the org has 4 main categories) and a am debating between having the slider at 100% of at 75% (with a intro video or important update block in the other 25%)

  5. This looks great! I love the new home page layout!

  6. Hi Brian
    A great looking company site.
    Just the sort of site that most of my clients are looking for.

    Love to see these updates coming out, you boys are not just sitting back and counting the dosh.

    Appreciate your efforts.

  7. Awesome. Thanks! Great timing too. Just started using this for a project a couple of days ago.

  8. I too am very impressed with the recent business-focused themes, particularly Associate 1.0 and Corporate 2.0.

    These are exactly the sorts of themes my small/medium business clients are after.

    Thanks, Andrew

  9. Beautiful! I’ll use this for my clients in the future. :)

  10. Its great to hear that Corporate 1.0 is heading into 2.0 version.

    Fantastic improvements! :-)

  11. Yet another great release. This version of Corporate looks more professional!

  12. Rebecca Diamond :

    Thank you all – we’re so glad you guys like the new look! :-)

  13. I purchased the Corporate theme in June, version 1.1. Can’t seem to find where to access the update, version 2.0.

    I found a link in the forum but when I clicked it, it said I did not have permission.

    Also saw in purchase email that it said to follow the instructions on the download page to register for the support forum and to get upgrades, but no info other than a link to the support forum was there.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Sean

  14. I was interested in using this theme for my church. I first discovered the corporate theme 1.0, my work installed it for a client. I loved the widget controlled homepage with the 3 columns. Is that still available with corporate 2.0?

  15. Genesis absolutely ROCKS! Looking to buy the whole package shortly. Wish there were a discounted version available as it’s taking me a while to save up to $299.

    Thanks for creating it.

  16. Not yet, I want to buy the full package ideally