This is my 3rd Genesis customization.
The colors were defined by the client, specifically the blue which is to match the provided logo.
Beyond the basic style work:
- I moved the #subnav to above the header and floated everything to the right.
- I added a theme option for selecting the left hand content in the #subnav identical to the #nav right content.
- I changed the slider to pull pages with a parent page as the means of defining which pages to use and made it possible to pick which page to use as the parent page in the slider options in the Genesis theme settings.
- Created a page template for showing the child page excerpts and thumbnails, useful for the product page to show a brief description of the products or for a staff bio page.
- Added a meta box for defining custom excerpts on pages (seriously, why did WP remove this?)
- A few other extras on the back end to make it easier for the client to change some settings and layout.
I'm almost ready to deploy this for the client but I could use some feedback. Anything you would change or add?