April 3, 2013 at 11:39 am #32871
Now on my 4th day of tweaking the Education Theme, this has been a very frustrating ride - I hope you can help. (And hey... not a complete novice here - I have 57 websites, most of which are WordPress but with different themes on them. This is only my second Genesis theme).
The website I'm setting up is http://LessonsFromMyGrandson.com I've read TONS of articles found on Google, watched 17 videoes already, and still I can't get my version to look like the Education Theme example found here: http://demo.studiopress.com/education/
Here's what I need help with and hope you have some suggestions:
1) I REALLY like the blue tabs - but no matter what I do, I can't seem to figure out how to get them. The links on the menu line are boring, and the tabs were one of the reasons I got THIS theme. How is this created (since simply creating my Primary Menu doesn't do it)?
2) No matter what I do, I can't switch the menu line into the Secondary position either. I have TWO custom menus created, have the widget for custom menu in the Right Header area with the proper menu listed. NADA. Nothing works.
If I can't get the tabs, I'll go for the menu in the header... but so far I can't get it to work. (Really - I KNOW how it's supposed to work - I have it there on my other Genesis website).
3) Please look at the home page and right above the slider you'll see "Lessons From My Grandson." I cannot figure out how to get rid of that. First I thought it was breadcrumbs... nope. Then I thought it was pulling it from the site's name, but when I temporarily changed the name of the site on the General page, this did not change. I thought it might be connected to the slider, but I don't see where anything like that was added.
I can "live with" the other things that aren't working (like the header - I REALLY want the site name over to the left where EDUCATION is on the main site, but if I create a full-size graphic and put the text on the left, it quickly disappears when shrinking the site to see how it work with cell phones and tables. I bought this because it's responsive. I even added that "responsive header" plug that several people recommended, created graphics 240, 320, 480, and 768 pixels wide, but that didn't work as well as what I have now), but hope to get these things fixed.
As I said... this has been REALLY frustrating. I used to set up a whole site with the first 10 blog posts in about 3 hours, not 3+ days. Hope you can help.
Charlie Seymour Jr
TheVideoMarketingGuys.comApril 3, 2013 at 12:04 pm #32873April 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm #32877April 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm #32880April 3, 2013 at 1:28 pm #32893
Doesn't seem to have worked. I put it just INSIDE the last } and also tried it on the other side.
Still have the problem.April 3, 2013 at 2:28 pm #32906April 3, 2013 at 4:54 pm #32939
@Sean Thanks. I swear I tried it that way too... but it sure does work. Thanks so much. It was driving me crazy!
Any way to work your magic on my questions 1 and 2? Here they are again:
1) I REALLY like the blue tabs – but no matter what I do, I can’t seem to figure out how to get them. The links on the menu line are boring, and the tabs were one of the reasons I got THIS theme. How is this created (since simply creating my Primary Menu doesn’t do it)?
2) No matter what I do, I can’t switch the menu line into the Secondary position either. I have TWO custom menus created, have the widget for custom menu in the Right Header area with the proper menu listed. NADA. Nothing works.
If I can’t get the tabs, I’ll go for the menu in the header… but so far I can’t get it to work. (Really – I KNOW how it’s supposed to work – I have it there on my other Genesis website).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.