August 14, 2015 at 9:38 am #162378
I have a site on my local computer and the site is live on a server. The code running on both is identical- except that the live site has the latest Genesis update installed. Using Genesis Sample as a child theme.
The custom post types and custom taxonomy archives work perfectly on the local but do not work on the live site.
The Genesis loop is treating the CPT as a standard post type, when the taxonomy link is clicked, the archive page echos, " Sorry, no content matched your criteria."
This is being generated by the code in the Genesis Theme, it's overriding the code in the child functions.
Does anyone have any info on this?http://salmonfallstest.website/August 14, 2015 at 10:26 am #162383August 14, 2015 at 1:41 pm #162406
Yes. I have done that. I have tried reloading the single-custom-post file, the archive- custom-post file and the taxonomy-custom-post file. via ftp.
I reloaded the functions php.
I checked and double checked and triple checked every line of code I could think of, from one sit to the other, as far as the files I have added/modified to create the site. Now I am checking all the genesis base theme files and comparing them line by line from the local install.
It's clearly pulling the wrong loop, based on the message echoed in the archives page. My current hunch, is that the update has altered the Genesis loop to make it easier to work with CPT and CT and that is conflicting with my custom loop.September 17, 2015 at 10:34 am #165893
Did this ever get sorted out? Having the same problems with the message 'Sorry, no content matched your criteria.' on custom post type taxonomy archive pages...September 17, 2015 at 2:05 pm #165926
I have also had this issue. I didn't connect it to the Genesis update though, until I read your post.
I didn't need that archive to be accessed anyway, so I sort of forgot about it.September 18, 2015 at 3:51 am #165981
I suggest you contact StudioPress if you think it's a technical issue with Genesis. Would be interested to know what the solution is fi you find out. Thanks.
September 18, 2015 at 12:02 pm #166022
I had a different issue with a CPT on one site after updating to genesis 2.2.2 - takes forever to load.
Still looking for a permanent solution, but reverting to genesis 2.1.2 has provided a work around.September 19, 2015 at 2:26 am #166064
Does anyone have a working Genesis child theme which has a registered custom post type and uses taxonomies with archives they could share here? That would rule out if it's a Genesis issue.September 19, 2015 at 2:56 am #166067
Yes, just tested and having an issue with this on the archive only.
September 19, 2015 at 10:41 am #166090
I figured this out after comparing my code to the Executive Pro Theme. It doesn't rule out a bug in Genesis, but it seems to be a peculiar WordPress issue. So many hours wasted because of this :(.
Basically, when registering a custom post type, you can set a true/false value for: exclude_from_search. This determines whether the custom post type appears in search results on the blog. However, setting this value to 'true' causes taxonomy archive pages to return no results. So, the value must be set as below to avoid this issue:
'exclude_from_search' => false
To be fair, WordPress do note this on the custom post type page:
The bug ticket is below. Apparently it will not be fixed for the time being:
Edit: A workaround might be released in future: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29418September 20, 2015 at 2:53 am #166121
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.