1 Image delivers 2 images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks 1 Image delivers 2 images

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tjd
    Participant

Hello Image-lovers,

I inserted one image into a Post. When the Post is published, I get a thumbnail on the left with the original larger image on the right. Strange I thought. Can’t seem to get rid of it. The smaller image doesn’t show in the Dashboard. I’ve deleted the image and redid the result improving along the way, but the double image stays.

The Post is the latest Post on the Home Page. You can see it here:  tomjdolan.com

I really would appreciate some guidance with this…. thanx.

Susan

Did you get your issue resolved? I’m only see one imagine in your most recent post (it’s the Woolworth building under construction).

Usually, when this happens, it’s because you’ve inserted an image into the post, AND set the image as the featured posts. This will cause duplication of the image.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

tjd
    Participant

Hi Susan,

The issue has been resolved on purpose by accident. Your mention of the ‘featured image’ alerted me to it’s existence. Afterwards, in an Upgrade to my Genesis Theme, I went thru the initial settings I made during the initial installation about 2 months ago. And there IT was! I had checked, for no good reason , the Featured Image box…not knowing what it did but thinking it ‘felt’ right. So, now being better educated, I unchecked it, saved and moved on.

Afterwards when looking at the results of the upgrade I saw, or rather didn’t see the small image that had confused me. In fact I don’t use, or haven’t used images in my Posts, only on my Pages…. but that might change in the future. Nevertheless, Thank You for following up, and Yes the issue is, happily, resolved.

Tom

Susan

Great! I’ll close this thread as “resolved” – go ahead and start a new thread if you have more questions. :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘1 Image delivers 2 images’ is closed to new replies.