A few free child themes

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback A few free child themes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrei
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve made a few child themes for Genesis, just some modifications of the Sample Theme, you can see them here – http://fasterwp.com/downloads/.

Just wanted to know what do you think, I’m offering them for free, you can download them and test, use as you wish.

Feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrei Chira @ fasterWP.com

http://fasterwp.com/downloads/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi Andrei,
    That’s a very impressive job! And thanks for that nice contribution. They look great, and have pleasing and subtle details. They look great in all my browsers. I especially like Aiko.

The only suggestions I have are minor. I like the idea of doing free with no support, or “paid” with support. From your description, it looks like that the support fee covers installation and configuring, but not ongoing support. If that’s true, it’s possible that some people may not realize that it’s not continuing support, and could complain. :-)

Just as with any huge dropdown menu (such as the normal demo has), the lower levels may vanish at responsive sizes. Dropdown menus that are too big are often a mistake, but many clients insist on them anyway. For those who love too big menus, I have found that Ozzy’s hamburger menu is a great way to take care of menu items disappearing, and it’s not hard to set up for a developer. So that may help in some cases.

Thanks again, and it’s good to meet you!
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Andrei
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I was thinking of implementing the responsive menu and I’ll get to it when I have the time.

Ongoing support is tricky, will have to think about that, thanks for pointing it out.

Andrei Chira @ fasterWP.com

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Andrei.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Andrei.

David Chu
    Participant

Andrei,
    Sounds good! And of course you’re right, ongoing support is a big deal. So if you wanted, you could just add a note that clarifies that it’s for install and configure only, and not forever or something. :-)

Ciao,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.