About category

Community Forums Forums General Discussion About category

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  willyr 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

willyr
    Participant

Here is the non-techie asking for help… again! :-)

In my new WP studio-press site – http://www.incredible-kingston.com, I would like to use categories as the headers for the drop down menus.

I started creating pages to do that, but they were a waste of time to create, wasted visitor’s time reading them, and added no real usable content to the site.

Using the category as menu headers works, I just don’t like the message the visitor sees when or if they click on the header link instead of one of the drop down links.

I speak of this: http://incredible-kingston.com/category/kingston-activities/ . If you have not clicked on the header Kingston Activiites please do. You will see “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”.

How do I change this line “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.” to something I prefer, please?

Thanks much, and a happy Christmas or any other holiday you are celebrating this time of year.

Bill

AC
    Blocked

You can actually create a custom link and add the pound sign (#) that will not be clickable. It will force the visitor to click whatever is below it. Go to Menus – look on the right for Custom. Then in the URL put the pound (#) sign and then add your respective label name, save it and add it the menu you want. Then drag any other category under it and save it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  AC. Reason: edit content
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  AC. Reason: edit content

willyr
    Participant

Done and Done. Thanks much, Anita.

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.