About category

Community Forums Forums General Discussion About category

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  willyr 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

willyr
    Participant

Here is the non-techie asking for help… again! :-)

In my new WP studio-press site – http://www.incredible-kingston.com, I would like to use categories as the headers for the drop down menus.

I started creating pages to do that, but they were a waste of time to create, wasted visitor’s time reading them, and added no real usable content to the site.

Using the category as menu headers works, I just don’t like the message the visitor sees when or if they click on the header link instead of one of the drop down links.

I speak of this: http://incredible-kingston.com/category/kingston-activities/ . If you have not clicked on the header Kingston Activiites please do. You will see “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”.

How do I change this line “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.” to something I prefer, please?

Thanks much, and a happy Christmas or any other holiday you are celebrating this time of year.

Bill

Anita
    Participant

You can actually create a custom link and add the pound sign (#) that will not be clickable. It will force the visitor to click whatever is below it. Go to Menus – look on the right for Custom. Then in the URL put the pound (#) sign and then add your respective label name, save it and add it the menu you want. Then drag any other category under it and save it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Anita. Reason: edit content
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Anita. Reason: edit content

willyr
    Participant

Done and Done. Thanks much, Anita.

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.