add a class to the sidebar div

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks add a class to the sidebar div

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

micharo
    Participant

How do I add a class to the sidebar div with the name of the specific sidebar displayed?
    <div id=”sidebar” class=”nameofthesidebar”></div>

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  micharo.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  micharo.

Jon Weiss

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to modify the css of a sidebar on various pages?

micharo
    Participant

I have a few different sidebars.  Some sidebars are used on many pages. In order to apply css on the sidebars, for example a background image, I want to address the specific sidebar directly. Therefore I try to add a class in the sidebar div with the name of that sidebar. I looked into genesis-structural-wraps but i think that is not the way to go.

Any help appreciated.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Are you using simple sidebars?

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

micharo
    Participant

On some projects I add sidebars with php code, on other projects I use simple sidebars. As far as I can see simple sidebars does not add a extra class to the sidebar div – with the sidebar name.

perhaps there is a filter or so?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

It all depends on how you do things. There’s more than one way to skin a cat, but if you do it this way, then it is easy to add a class to the sidebar markup.  As for Simple Sidebars, send me a message. I may have something for you to test.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

micharo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I will use it when I will do it with code. I don’t know why I could not see that solution.

Another question: Why are you using genesis_structural_wrap in your example on your site?

Thanks again.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Basically, just to maintain consistency with the standard Genesis sidebar markup.  If you look at the Genesis sidebar.php, you’ll see the same markup.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.