Add a widget area to home page on Minimum Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add a widget area to home page on Minimum Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rob
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to add an image slider to my home page, Minimum Theme. dev.whitefishflyshop.com

I would like to place the image slider in the spot where the guy with the fish is. I dont seem to be able to out how to do that. My idea is…. I would like to add a widget area in that spot so I can just drop in a slider. Is someone out there that would be kind enough to show me how to add the widget area? Any help would be appreciated.

anitac
    Participant

You could use this to add a slider – it’s a full width widget area – http://www.briangardner.com/welcome-text-widget/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

rob
    Participant

Thanks Anitac, Just a quick question, Do I just add the lines of code at the end of the file? It looks like I can add just register the widget area at the end of the current registration….. but not sure where to add the hook to welcome text widget? Forgive me as I know pretty much nothing about .php? Here is the code of my .php file

edited to remove code.

Do I just include the registry and then the hook directly after it or somewhere else? Any help is appreciated.

anitac
    Participant

Just re-read his instructions. His instructions are the easiest way to add a full-width widget area. Just 1,2,3 and it’s there.

1. Register Your Widget Area – Open up your child theme’s functions.php file, and place the code he provided.

2. Hook the Welcome Text widget – Also in your child theme’s functions.php file, place the code he provided. Just place it right below the newly registered widgets.

3. Style Your Welcome Text – Open your child theme’s style.css file, place this the code he provided at the very bottom.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  anitac.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  anitac.

rob
    Participant

Thanks for you help anitac, pretty simple as you stated!

cdils
    Participant

Hey Rob,

Looks like you haven’t added the slider in. Here’s a specific tut on Adding a Slider to the Minimum Theme. Let me know if you have any questions or still need help.

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

anitac
    Participant

cdils he added a NextGen slider down below. You can see it scrolling there.

cdils
    Participant

Oops – thanks, anitac. Shoulda kept on scrolling.

Meanwhile, I’d rather be fishing in Montana… :)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Add a widget area to home page on Minimum Theme’ is closed to new replies.