add div parallel with breadcrumbs div

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks add div parallel with breadcrumbs div

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alex2k5 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alex2k5
    Participant

I am looking to put a block of code parallel with the Breadcrumbs div. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking for the final to be something like:

Xdiv class=”breadcrumb_wrap”
    Xdiv class=”parallel_div” style=”float:right;” New block content /Xdiv
    Xdiv class=”breadcrumb” style=”float:left;” Normal Breadcrumbs /Xdiv
    /Xdiv

I put “Xdiv” and left out brackets so the system wouldn’t try and strip it, code tag isn’t working.

Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Alex,

http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/breadcrumbs/

There is some information on the link above regarding changing the breadcrumbs. If you look at the last example, you should be able to modify the suffix or prefix markup to contain your additional div and then style it accordingly.

Alternatively you could write a new function to output your code and hook it onto genesis_before_loop but this would have it separate from the breadcrumb loop and I believe you want it mixed in.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

alex2k5
    Participant

I looked at that too, completely missed the prefix line. I should be able to add it into prefix/suffix accordingly. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.