Add landing page and keep the "homepage"

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add landing page and keep the "homepage"

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  monicasalazar 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

monicasalazar
    Participant

Hi!

I´m working with magazine theme and I’d like to know if is possible add a landing page and keep the “homepage” like an interior page (with slider, featured posts, etc.).

Thank you.

Susan

Try this:

http://www.briangardner.com/create-landing-page/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

monicasalazar
    Participant

Hi Susan

Thanks for your answer, but I think I didn’t explain very well what I want to do.

The magazine theme has landing page template, this is not the problem, I want put the landing page in “www.example.com” and put in some place a button linking to “www.example.com/home”, and I want that in this “home” page to appear the slider and the others widgets (feartured posts, featured pages, etc.). I mean, to have both: Landing page (first) and homepage (after). Is that possible? Or need I to have installed another wordpress blog in other folder in the same domain?

Thank you

Brian Bourn
    Participant

You can do this by renaming the file home.php to something like page_widgeted.php then assign a static page as your front page using the landing page template.

You will also need to edit the your new page_widgeted.php file to include the section at the top to make it a selectable template from the dashboard. The rest would be just CSS.

https://gist.github.com/4447661

Bourn Creative | bourncreative.com | Twitter

monicasalazar
    Participant

Hi Brian!

Thank you for your answer, I will try your suggestions.

You are so kind ;)

monicasalazar
    Participant

Hi again Brian!

I made the changes that you suggest me and it works!

Thank you so much.

Happy new year ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Add landing page and keep the "homepage"’ is closed to new replies.