Add sidebar to Portfolio interior pages?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add sidebar to Portfolio interior pages?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  May31Dave 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

craig
    Participant

I’m using the Portfolio pages in the Executive theme but can’t figure out how to add a sidebar to an interior Portfolio page. I removed the PHP code that makes the single-portfolio.php go full screen but I can’t add a sidebar.

Dose anyone have a fix for this?

AC
    Blocked

Please post a link to your website.

craig
    Participant

It’s an interior page like this: http://www.careerbuildercommunications.com/speakersbureau/portfolio/jennifer-seith/

There’s a space for a sidebar but nothing shows up.

AC
    Blocked

Do you see the sidebar on the Widget page? If so, did you drag anything into it?

craig
    Participant

I did and it doesn’t appear. I sent in a Helpdesk request and they said they can’t help and to use the forums.

I even added a custom sidebars widget hoping that would populate a sidebar but it doesn’t. I would modify the code but I’m not sure where to start.

AC
    Blocked

Which custom sidebars widget did you use? Did you use the Genesis Simple Sidebars plugin?

craig
    Participant

I used a plug-in called Custom Sidebars which didn’t work and I just tried Genesis Simple Sidebars which didn’t work.

AC
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.

AC
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Essentially, all you need to do is remove this line from single-portfolio.php

[php] /** Force full width content layout */
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘__genesis_return_full_width_content’ );[/php]

Then, if you want to add layout support to the portfolio post type, just change the supports line in functions.php to add genesis-layouts.

[php]‘supports’ => array( ‘title’, ‘editor’, ‘author’, ‘thumbnail’, ‘excerpt’, ‘trackbacks’, ‘custom-fields’, ‘comments’, ‘revisions’, ‘page-attributes’, ‘genesis-seo’, ‘genesis-layouts’ ),[/php]

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

AC
    Blocked

Thanks Jen! I would have never come up with that solution.

craig
    Participant

Thank you both for all your help. This helps a lot Jen.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re both very welcome! I’ll mark this resolved but leave it for now.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

May31Dave
    Participant

Thanks Jen. This is absolutely fantastic. Accomplished what I wanted in such a simple way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.