Add slider to home page of Minimum theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add slider to home page of Minimum theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rob
    Participant

Hello, I’m pretty new to this board… So hello. I have just installed my studiopress stuff to wordpress and have a question. I will try to keep things as painless as I can. I have the Minimum theme and want to add a slider to the home page. I am not sure which widget are I would add a slider to? Sorry if I am the Millionth person to ask this question but cant find an answer.

anitac
    Participant

Please post a link to your website and also tell us where you want the slider. Do you want to keep the image and ADD a slider or do you want to REMOVE the image and ADD a slider?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

rob
    Participant

dev.whitefishflyshop.com

I would like to remove the image, “sample image 1600×600″, and add the slider in that spot.

rob
    Participant

Sorry the link above is broken.

dev.whitefishflyshop.com

jeffreygordon
    Participant

we are upgrading a generic wordpress blog to Genesis and are liking Minimum the best and Backcountry next. Is it possible to place a full width Slider in place of the image in Minimum theme so we can have a number of rotating images?  I have some limited experience with Agentpress slider so I beleive we can add the slider to Minimum theme.  Ideally that slider could be on all or one of the site pages, we probably prefer it on all of them as it is an Equestrian Rider’s Hub and we want more action than blog like posts feel to the site.

thanks

jeffrey gordon

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Here’s an excellent tutorial on how to add a slider to the Minimum theme.

http://www.carriedils.com/add-slider-minimum-theme/2293

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

jeffreygordon
    Participant

Thanks Susan, that was very helpful

jg

mm
    Participant

Hi

I’m also new to this forum. I have just got the news theme and I’d like to have a slider. The problem is that I don’t have a home page and it is posts. The slider should have the recent news with images and the rest of the page is filled with different types of posts. How can I do that? Thanks

Michael Rytter
    Participant

I’m also trying to add a full width slider to the minimum theme.  I’ve followed the tutorial above and it worked great…..except I can’t figure out what I need to add to the css to make it full width.  Can anyone help.  The site is not built yet, but you can see what I mean here http://articlesack.com

I appreciate any help you can give me with this.

Thanks,

Christina

braddalton
    Participant

Change:

genesis_after_header

to

genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap

Or you could hook in another slider directly into you header.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.