Adding banners to Agency theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding banners to Agency theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cdt21470
    Participant

We are using the agency theme and would like to add a banner roughly 55 pixels deep by 960 wide between the slider and the 3 home tabs below. I assume we need some code to add that option.

What we want to see is the space split in two for 2 banners side by side taking up the full width if the page.

Thanks

Chad

http://www.daytradingforexlive.com/

wp guy
    Participant

No code necessary. Install the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin and put the banner code in the genesis_before_content section.

cdt21470
    Participant

Great thanks.

I assume this will be the case before the content on every page then? That’s probably the best option and the banner would be at the top of every page also before the post content but Im curious about where it would show up on the home page. The “before content” area must mean before the home tabs and the “after content” section would put it below the 3 home tabs?

Thanks again

Chad

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  cdt21470.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  cdt21470.

braddalton
    Participant

I would use a custom function to add a new home page widget.

Change the hook position if needed.

Grab the 2 columns content HTML code here http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/content-column-classes/

Paste it into the new text widget and replace the demo text with the HTML for your 2 banners.

You can upload both banners to a new post draft, center them, add custom links and then paste in the HTML between the div tags for your content columns in your new widget.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.