Adding Magazine Style to Executive Blog Template

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding Magazine Style to Executive Blog Template

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

k@rohde.co
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone else has experimented with updating the blog template to be more of a magazine layout rather than the slightly boring post under post layout found in most themes?

I really like the executive theme but for the blog page I would like to use a more magazine style layout (see e.g. the front page from the magazine style) so that the content becomes a bit more engaging.

Anyone have any thoughts or even suggestions for other themes that comes more like this out of the box?

Thanks

K

Anita
    Blocked

If you don’t like the home page of Executive, you can take the home page from Magazine and use it. Using FTP – rename your current home page – home-old.php, then copy over the Magazine home. But… you will also need to swap register the Magazine widget areas, etc., etc.. I have swapped out a few different home.php files. So you will really need to do it step by step.

Web: http://cre8tivediva.com / Twitter: @thecre8tivediva

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Anita.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Anita.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.