Adding Magazine Style to Executive Blog Template

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding Magazine Style to Executive Blog Template

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

k@rohde.co
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone else has experimented with updating the blog template to be more of a magazine layout rather than the slightly boring post under post layout found in most themes?

I really like the executive theme but for the blog page I would like to use a more magazine style layout (see e.g. the front page from the magazine style) so that the content becomes a bit more engaging.

Anyone have any thoughts or even suggestions for other themes that comes more like this out of the box?

Thanks

K

anitac
    Participant

If you don’t like the home page of Executive, you can take the home page from Magazine and use it. Using FTP – rename your current home page – home-old.php, then copy over the Magazine home. But… you will also need to swap register the Magazine widget areas, etc., etc.. I have swapped out a few different home.php files. So you will really need to do it step by step.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  anitac.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  anitac.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.