Adding primary sidebar to home, modern portfolio

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding primary sidebar to home, modern portfolio

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elaine Griffin 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve put the genesis featured widgets in the about and portfolio sidebars to mimic a magazine-type layout, with a featured post and some recent posts after it. I still want the sidebar to show, though, and I’m not sure what to do to get it to display. I looked at the php files, and other than adding the sidebar to the home and functions files (which I tried to do, and it failed) I’m not sure what else to do.
    Thanks for any help!

http://elainegriffindesigns.com/blog/

nutsandbolts

Look in your home.php and find this:

// Force content-sidebar layout setting
    		add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );

Add two slashes on the second line to change it to this:

// Force content-sidebar layout setting
    		// add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );

That will prevent the theme from forcing a full width layout on the homepage.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Thanks, Andrea. That worked, but for some reason my navigation disappeared.
    I have decided to just go with a normal layout – I think I was over-thinking it, but it would be good for me to figure out why the nav disappeared.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.