Adjust Padding Around Post Title

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Adjust Padding Around Post Title

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mindyjoy 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mindyjoy

Hello,

I am using the Lifestyle Pro theme.

I am trying to adjust the padding in two different areas.

The first area is the Post Title box. I want to reduce the padding between the title, post info, and share buttons.

The second area is the Widget title. I can adjust the padding between widgets, but I would like to reduce the space between the Widget title and the widget content.

I’ve done hours worth of trial and error, and internet searches, for a solution. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

http://gator3067.hostgator.com/~mindyjoy/pixiedustbride.com/

braddalton
    Participant

Can you please fix this error first and then we can look at your site Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /home1/mindyjoy/public_html/pixiedustbride.com/wp-content/themes/lifestyle-pro/functions.php on line 108

[css]
    .entry-title {
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    }

.entry-meta {
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    }

.site-header .widget-title {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    padding-bottom: 50px;
    }
    [/css]

Modify the values for the padding to your own preferences.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

mindyjoy

Sorry, I’m in the process of migrating and some things got screwed up. The site is now just http://www.pixiedustbride.com. I lost my sidebar in the error. Ugh. I’ll try your coding when things are restored. Thank you!

braddalton
    Participant

Here’s the code for the sharing buttons
    [css]
    .shareaholic-share-buttons-container {
    padding-bottom: 50px;
    }
    [/css]

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

mindyjoy

I tried putting those two codes at the bottom of my style CSS and played with the padding, but it doesn’t seem to be changing anything.

mindyjoy

Any other suggestions for this? The coding above works when I increase the pixels, but I want to REDUCE the pixels, and reduce the amount of white space between the entry title, entry meta, and share buttons.

site is http://www.pixiedustbride.com

eamonmoriarty
    Participant

At about line 1189 of style.css you have

.entry-header .entry-meta
    {
      margin-bottom: 2.4rem;
    }

If you reduce margin-bottom to a smaller value that may work.

Eamon Moriarty
    EM Dzine

mindyjoy

Thank you @eamonmoriarty, but sadly no … I’ve adjusted just about everything in my CSS to try to fix this and nothing there is working.

eamonmoriarty
    Participant

Try adding this to the end of your style.css or custom.css (if you have one):

.entry-header .entry-meta, .entry-title {
        margin-bottom: 1rem;
    }

This should reduce the space between the Title and the Meta but you will notice that the space between the meta and the share buttons is not reduced sufficiently.
    I think this is because the padding around the share buttons is greater than required. If you can find the css for the shareaholic buttons and reduce the padding-top value to the required value that should work.

Eamon Moriarty
    EM Dzine

mindyjoy

@eamonmoriarty – YES! THANK YOU! That did reduce the spacing between the title and the meta, which is very helpful. I did some trial and error for the shareaholic buttons and still can’t figure that one out. But it looks much, much better with your fix, so thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.