Adjusting Widget Size in Executive Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Adjusting Widget Size in Executive Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dan
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using the Executive theme and, in the Home-Top and Home-Middle sections, where three widgets can be placed, is there a way of adjusting the size of the widgets individually?  In the CSS, it appears they are not individually defined (like widget-1, widget-2, etc.) as the footer widgets are.  So, they are, by default, set at 33%.

But I’d like the first column to be wider and the other one smaller.  Is there a way to get Genesis or the Executive theme to number these widgets so they can be individually styled in the CSS?

Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Dan,

Int he demo theme, the widgets get their widths from the .widget class and as you say it’s 33%. However you should be able to overide this in the CSS by using the widget ID as the CSS selector.

If you can provide a link to your site I could tell you what selectors you’d need to use.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

dan
    Participant

Thanks.  Here is a demo site I set up for this: http://registrynine.com/sandbox/

I have three widgets displayed.  I know I can eliminate the third just by not putting it in.  Not sure how to find the widget ID for the widgets I want to change.

Thanks,

Dan

cehwitham
    Participant

Widget 1 and 2 have IDs of #text-2 and #text-3 respectively.

To find IDs and Classes use the Inspect element feature available in most browsers by right clicking on an element. Alternatively use the Firebug extension for Firefox.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.