Agency 2: How to change header black color

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Agency 2: How to change header black color

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  EddierNaranjo 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

docmas
    Participant

I want to know on Agency 2 Theme, how to change header color (currently black) to a shade of red/crimson and how to change the background grey stripe as well as menu color.

Also, the subtitle color of header is in grey letters, how to change this? I know there is setting to change main title, but don’t see one for that.

http://thepassiondoctor.com

Thanks,
    Adam

Susan

The header background is an image, which is the background to your entire site. You can replace it with another image, or remove (or re-name) it altogether. On your hosting site, look for bg.png.

The gray line under your header is also part of that background image.

To change the color of your tagline, look for this in your stylesheet; change the color as appropriate:
    p#description {
    color: #777;
    }

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

docmas
    Participant

Susan,

Thank you so much.  Do you know what the dimensions of each colored band are?  I’m thinking that the middle will be the menu color and just wondered what each colored band length is in pixels, think they’re all 8 px wide.

Also, how might I change the foreground blog color, which appears a very bright white to something a bit more subdued for better contrast?

Thanks so much,

Adam

Susan

The background image dimensions: width: 4px; height: 236px;

To change your content area from white to another color, look for this:

/* Inner
    ———————————————————— */

#inner {
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 1px 2px #999;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 1px 2px #999;
    background-color: #fff;
    border-radius: 5px;
    box-shadow: 0 1px 2px #999;
    margin: 20px auto 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    }

Replace the #fff with the color of your choice.

Susan

OK – this is weird – in the stylesheet, it is showing as 4 x 236, but the actual image itself is 8 x 450. Sorry for any confusion!

docmas
    Participant

Thanks for the info, can you tell me how many pixels in the header and
    in the theme bar, so that if I want them different colors, I can design
    it?

Also, is there a tutorial or easy way to design the 8×450 background
    png?  Don’t have Photoshop anymore, so wondering if there’s something
    out there that’s cheap, free or maybe a website that does it
    automatically?

Thanks,
    Adam

Susan

The header is 960 x 115 (That’s an easy element to find – Dashboard > Appearances > Header)

I’m not sure what you mean by the “theme” bar – are you talking about the Navigation menu area? If so, that’s 960 x 31

Have you tried Photoshop Elements? They offer a free 30 day trial. I’ve had some success with http://www.picmonkey (it’s free) – it’s actually a photo editing site, but I’ve been able to create lots of things using some of their free tools.

docmas
    Participant

Thanks, it was the heights of each, so 115 header height and then I can change color to 31 px for the nav bar and then lower background.

anitac
    Participant

I use Paint. You can get it here – http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html. Don’t click the big blue download button – it’s an advertisement. Click the Free Download link on the top right. I love it. You also want to grab the PSD plugin from her e- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18128-photoshop-psd-file-plugin-newest-version-210/ which will allow you to edit Photoshop PSD files and you can save in PSD also.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

FYI, if you want free but with the same functionality you can get from PhotoShop try GIMP

I used it for years and actually am back on it now that I’m on a mac because I don’t have PS for the mac so if I need to do something with PS I have to boot up my PC.

docmas
    Participant

thanks, downloaded GIMP, but looks a little complex.  just want to create an 8 x450 px two colored header, but will give it a try :)

EddierNaranjo
    Participant

Adobe CS2 is now free. You can get it directly from them with serial numbers and everything: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Agency 2: How to change header black color’ is closed to new replies.