Agency Pro – Home Bottom -> Make it behave like the Home Middle

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Pro – Home Bottom -> Make it behave like the Home Middle

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  donaldkimgroup@gmail.com 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

donaldkimgroup@gmail.com

Hi there,

I am using the Agency Pro theme.

I would like to know how I can make the Home Bottom (widget – Recent Articles)) work like the Home Middle (widget – Our Work). I want it so then the post (box) only shows the featured picture, but when you hover over it with the mouse, it transitions grey, and shows the text. For some reason, I can’t get the featured picture to be in the same size and format as the Home Middle (widget – Our Work). Basically, I want the Home Bottom to look and behave exactly like the Home Middle.

I hope that makes sense… please let me know if you have any other questions. Many thanks!

Best,
    Donald

http://www.optimizedwebmedia.com/

braddalton
    Participant

Try replacing the code with the home middle code. You’ll need to do this with the PHP only as long as you use the same classes

donaldkimgroup@gmail.com

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please provide me with more detailed instructions on how to do this? which PHP? and code?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
    Donald

braddalton
    Participant

What have you tried so far Donald?

donaldkimgroup@gmail.com

Hi there,

I haven’t tried anything, because I don’t know what is meant by:
    “You’ll need to do this with the PHP only as long as you use the same classes”…

I’m not sure which part I should be editing… is it the style.css?

Which css code to I replace with what?

Sorry, I’m still learning…. thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
    Donald

braddalton
    Participant

In the front-page.php file, replace the home-bottom code with the code for the home-middle.

No CSS edits are needed.

As a web designer, i suggest you install WordPress locally, load up the theme and modify the code in that file.

This is an excellent way to learn how SP themes work.

If i do your work for you, you won’t learn a thing.

There’s not much code you need to modify, just one class in the PHP which generates the widget.

'before' => '<div id="home-bottom" class="home-middle widget-area"><div class="wrap">',

braddalton
    Participant

donaldkimgroup@gmail.com

Awesome thanks!

So after I make the change in the PHP, do I then adjust the widget for HOME BOTTOM, to make is the same as HOME MIDDLE?

Best,
    Donald

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.