Agency Pro: Home-middle using only one post?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Pro: Home-middle using only one post?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ChristineFerguson 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ChristineFerguson

I would like to feature only one post in the home-middle section of Agency Pro, but I don’t know how to adjust the styling so that the featured image takes up the entire background space (as well as any other tweaks this might require).

I’ve fiddled around with the .home-middle .featuredpost .entry min-height and added a min-width, but I don’t know if that’s the best way to adjust the entry preview.

Can anyone give me guidance? Thank you in advance.

Wannabe web designer & developer. Still trying to figure it all out.

http://demo.bluegrassdigitalmedia.com

sdbroker
    Participant

Both home-middle & home-bottom use the same width from this one on line 1195:

.agency-pro-home .featuredpost .entry {
    	background: none;
    	float: left;
    	width: 33.33333333%;
    }

You need to change the width to 100% for only 1 post on the home-middle… BUT then if you want to also have posts on the home-bottom, you can also have only 1 post there.

Did you try adding width: 100%; to .home-middle .featuredpost .entry and add a wider image (1140×380 or 1140xwhatever height you want)? That should work.

ChristineFerguson

I uploaded a featured image that is 1140×375. I changed the width in both places to auto, and when that didn’t work I tried changing it to 375px. That didn’t work either. Hmm.

*Edited to clarify: I tried both width: auto; and width: 100%; but they didn’t adjust the featured image. width: auto; adjusts the preview of the entry content though.

sdbroker
    Participant

Yes, it does, because on the functions.php file the image size is set for 380×380

Try to change that on line 41 of the theme’s function file to read:

//* Add new image sizes
    add_image_size( 'home-bottom', 380, 150, TRUE );
    add_image_size( 'home-middle', 1140, 380, TRUE );
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  sdbroker.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  sdbroker.

ChristineFerguson

Darn, that didn’t work either. I’ll keep combing through the code. There has to be something else defining the width of the featured image…

ChristineFerguson

I’ve changed the width in the function file, and I’ve tried both width: auto and width: 100% in the stylesheet for .agency-pro-home .content .featured-content .entry-image, .agency-pro-home .featuredpost img.entry-image, .home-middle .featuredpost img.entry-image and the thumbnail width doesn’t change.

When I use Firebug to inspect the element, the HTML shows width= "380" in the img tag, but I don’t know where that code is in order to change it.

Any idea where that setting might be?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.