Agency Pro HOme Middle Widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Pro HOme Middle Widget

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

magnify28
    Participant

On Agency Pro, Home Middle Widget

I am using the Pages link to plugin like in the instructions. I am creating a new post and using that to redirect to the page. I am now ending up with lots of empty posts that show up as recent posts.

I guess I can assign these to a category and then manually go around all the places that recent posts would show and exclude them. Seems like a really messy strep.

Am I doing this the right way? Is there another way? What am I missing ?

Do the images have to be exactly 380×380 or will it resize?

Thanks.

Tom
    Participant

re: Home-Middle content – The demo is designed to feature posts in the home-middle widget area, so the instructions direct you to use the Featured Posts widget (See: http://my.studiopress.com/setup/agency-pro-theme/home-page-setup/how-to-configure-the-home-middle-widget-area/ )

if you are wanting to display pages, I’d suggest using a plugin like Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget. There is no need to create a post, nor setup redirection. Some additional styling will likely be necessary.

re: images – the theme specifies two image sizes: ‘home-bottom’ @ 380×150 and ‘home-middle’ @ 380×380. Larger images will be resized to these dimensions on upload, The image size to be used for display is specified in the content widget.

Choose your next site design from over 300 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

magnify28
    Participant

Thanks Tom.

I was following the setup page that Studiopress provides with the theme and they suggested using the “pages link to ” plugin which is what led to my question above. Will try the other plugin and see if that works better.

Tom
    Participant

That’s interesting! – I guess I never scrolled right to the bottom of that setup page. “Page Links To” is a plugin with many uses.

GSFCW can do this with just a small tweak to the stylesheet. I’ve put up a post explaining how.

magnify28
    Participant

Thanks Tom. That was extremely helpful and is a much neater solution to the original tutorial. Maybe they can update it.

magnify28
    Participant

Tom,

Another thing. The words behind the images in the Home Middle widget seems to be all squashed up at the top, not like in the demo where it takes up the space of the rectangle.

Might be my font size. How do I change the font size for
    1) this widget area
    2) overall for the body of the site

Where would I go to change the font to a san serif font in a bigger size like on your site.

Thanks.

Tom
    Participant

Hmm. It would be really helpful if you could share a link to your site.

The page title and excerpt text from the pages (content limit = 180 characters in GSFCW) should be properly padded (to not squish up against anything) using the CSS snippet from the tutorial. It should look exactly like the post title and excerpt from the StudioPress demo.

To modify the font size for the widget area, you would modify that same CSS snippet to include font detail. Such as:

.gsfc-page .entry-title {
        padding: 40px 40px 0;
        font-size: 20px; /* or whatever */
    }

.gsfc-page p {
        padding: 0 40px;
        font-size: 14px;  /* or whatever */
    }

The overall theme body font size is declared at line 147 in the (current, demo) stylesheet in the body selector:

body {
    	background-color: #d7c603;
    	color: #666;
    	font-family: 'EB Garamond', serif;
    	font-size: 16px;
    	font-weight: 400;
    	line-height: 1.625;
    }

Bauhinia
    Participant

Thanks so much for this solution Tom. I came into the forum because I wanted to link to pages not posts. Your instructions are great.

Tom
    Participant

Hi @Bauhinia – glad I could help out with your Agency site(s).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.