Agency PRO Make background image end before footer widgets

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency PRO Make background image end before footer widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

asbilly92
    Participant

I LOVE the Agency Pro theme!!! I am wondering though, is there a way to have the background image end just before the Footer Widgets start instead of having it go completely down past the .footer-widgets and .site-footer? OR maybe there’s another way to accomplish what I need / want ;-)

I’m trying to add a small narrow repeating graphic right at the very top of the .footer-widgets that repeats across the whole screen but I’m unable to do that I think because of the large background image that’s behind everything down there…

I’m thanking anyone in advance!

http://it's not live yet

Susan

As it has been a while since you created this post, I am hoping that you were able to get your issue resolved.

If not, please post back here, and I will see if I can find someone to assist.

Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

suburbanite

I am having a similar issue. I am using the Modern Portfolio theme, and I would like to have an image above the actual footer widgets. Right now I have it set as the footer widget background, but I need the image to show up before widgets, right now it’s showing up in the middle of the widgets.

You can see the site here: http://www.angelawdesign.com/

Here’s the code I’m using in the footer-widgets CSS:

`.footer-widgets {
    color: #000;
    clear: both;
    font-family:’Volkom’, serif;
    font-style: italic;
    font-size:14px;
    text-align:center;
    background: url(“http://www.angelawdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/footer-header_07.jpg”) no-repeat;
    background-position:center top;
    }

asbilly92
    Participant

Try adding padding-top: 95px; to the .wrap that is just before the footer widget 1-3 footer widget areas. I was able to adjust it using developer tools and it moved the image to just above the footer widgets. That seems to push the all of the .footer-widget areas down putting your image directly above

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  asbilly92.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  asbilly92.

suburbanite

Thank you so much, that worked for me!

asbilly92
    Participant

I’m very glad!

So much nicer when it works correctly ;-)

braddalton
    Participant

You could also hook it in using PHP with the genesis_before_footer hook

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.