AgentPress – how to show a background image

Community Forums Forums General Discussion AgentPress – how to show a background image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

coachb
    Participant

Have a background graphic that would like to use for site background. Have uploaded the image on a test site, changed the style.css to the name of the image but it doesn’t show in the display. If you right click and select View Backroung image you will see it but it does not show in the regular page display. Also, is there a way to set other areas as transparent so that the background image shows through on the page instead of just around the borders?

SoZo

Please include a link to your site with all questions so that people can see what is going on.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

coachb
    Participant

Don’t see a personal message link. Client has asked this not to be made public before it’s finished but I can e-mail a link directly to you is you can tell me where to send it.

SoZo

You can make your response private, check ” Set as private reply”

coachb
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

SoZo

I’m seeing a background image applied to the body rule. If you want it to show through you need to remove the background from several elements such as #inner. I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

coachb
    Participant

OK. I used firebug and right clicked to inspect element. I did a search for #inner and found one location with ‘inner’ but only shows a color (#333333) inherited from body.home but it it is a different color than the background showing. There was a reference to a background image (bg.png – that was changed originally to be black) that was replaced with the background image I have there now. I’m confused about the logic of the color control for the background and how you make display elements transparent so background image will show through. Is there a codex for this theme that explains this?

SoZo

the color property is for text. You want to edit the background properties.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.